Main Languages Spoken in Benin - French Language Phrase Guide for British Nationals
Visiting Benin from British and want to know how to order your food in French? Talk to the locals in Benin with our French language phrases guide.
Main Languages Spoken in Benin: French (official), Fon and Yoruba (most common vernaculars in south), tribal languages (at least six major ones in north)..
The French language phrases guide shows you how to say the every day phrases to ordering food at restaurants in Benin. Order your French language phrase guide from here.
French Language Lessons Online for Beginners – There are several free French language lesson for beginners, with basic French phrases and video clips to help you pronounce French words easily.
French Language Lessons Online for Business – Are you looking for French language courses for you or your company’s staff? Several French language schools in your area offer private French tuition classes or small French classes.
French Language Apps - With French language App you can leave your bulky French language dictionary and French exercise textbooks at home and load up on these mobile French apps that will have you speaking the French language in no time.
Tips on How to Learn French Language Fast
Learning French language does not need to be a slow or tedious process. You can speed up the process the French language, despite the fact it requires hard work and effort.
Follow the tips below on how to learn French language phrases fast, and you will be on your way to mastering French language quicker than you ever imagined.
- Set short term language learning goals with focus on specific, tangible outcomes in French language.
- Learn the right words - Strategize and prioritize your learning by focusing on top 300 words in French language.
- Use flashcards to learn French language faster.
- Start using French language all day, every day, and use your normal everyday activities as part of your language learning process.
- Watch movies French language and use subtitles
- Seek out real-life practice - Get talking right away in French language, from the very early stages of your language learning journey!
How Can You Sound More Like Native French Speaker?
The first question we need to address is why you want to sound more like a native speaker in Benin.
Lots of language learners of French language do not too much about pronunciation. They think that as long as people can get what they are saying, that’s all that matters.
Ofcouse, there is some truth in this: you do not need a perfect accent in French language to communicate well with native speakers in Benin.
But the more you sound like a native speaker, the easier it is for them to understand you. And the easier it is for people to understand you, the more they enjoy talking to you. This comes in handy, given that you need to talk to people to learn their language in Benin.
What Are The Best Tips to Improve Your Speaking Skills in French Language?
Here are some ideas for how you can work on this aspect of your speaking French Language.
- Speak to yourself or a plant or a pet in French Language
- Use French language app
- Always speak in full sentences
- Practice thinking in French Language
- Learn words in chunks
- Learn filling words
- Take time to practice speaking
- Listen to the sound of words as they are really pronounced
- Work on where the language comes from in your mouth
- Do sentence building exercises
- Record yourself speaking in French Language
What Are The Common Phrases You Need to Know in French language?
When you want to start making conversation in French language, it is always a good idea to know a few basic phrases in French language.
Here are some useful phrases to help you engage in a conversation in French language.
- My name is ________. What’s yours?
- Please and Thank You
- I don’t speak your language well
- I’m sorry/excuse me
- Can you please repeat that?
- I need help
- Call the ambulance/police
- Where is the restroom/bathroom?
- How much does this cost?
- Numbers 1-100
- Do you speak English?
What Are The Important Phrases in French Language to Get Information?
When traveling to Benin from British, it is not easy to plan for everything ahead of time. Sometimes you need to ask questions in French language to get information. Here are some common questions you are likely to use.
- Where is…?
- How do I get to…?
- Can you show me on a map?
- Could you write that down
- What is this?
- Do you have..?
- Do you have anything cheaper?
- Do you like…?
- What is the best…?
- What do you recommend?
- How do you say…?
- Where can I…?
- How far is…?