Main Languages Spoken in Burundi - Kirundi Language Phrase Guide for British Nationals
Visiting Burundi from British and want to know how to order your food in Kirundi? Talk to the locals in Burundi with our Kirundi language phrases guide.
Main Languages Spoken in Burundi: Kirundi (official), French (official), Swahili (along Lake Tanganyika and in the Bujumbura area).
The Kirundi language phrases guide shows you how to say the every day phrases to ordering food at restaurants in Burundi. Order your Kirundi language phrase guide from here.
Kirundi Language Lessons Online for Beginners – There are several free Kirundi language lesson for beginners, with basic Kirundi phrases and video clips to help you pronounce Kirundi words easily.
Kirundi Language Lessons Online for Business – Are you looking for Kirundi language courses for you or your company’s staff? Several Kirundi language schools in your area offer private Kirundi tuition classes or small Kirundi classes.
Kirundi Language Apps - With Kirundi language App you can leave your bulky Kirundi language dictionary and Kirundi exercise textbooks at home and load up on these mobile Kirundi apps that will have you speaking the Kirundi language in no time.
Tips on How to Learn Kirundi Language Fast
Learning Kirundi language does not need to be a slow or tedious process. You can speed up the process the Kirundi language, despite the fact it requires hard work and effort.
Follow the tips below on how to learn Kirundi language phrases fast, and you will be on your way to mastering Kirundi language quicker than you ever imagined.
- Set short term language learning goals with focus on specific, tangible outcomes in Kirundi language.
- Learn the right words - Strategize and prioritize your learning by focusing on top 300 words in Kirundi language.
- Use flashcards to learn Kirundi language faster.
- Start using Kirundi language all day, every day, and use your normal everyday activities as part of your language learning process.
- Watch movies Kirundi language and use subtitles
- Seek out real-life practice - Get talking right away in Kirundi language, from the very early stages of your language learning journey!
How Can You Sound More Like Native Kirundi Speaker?
The first question we need to address is why you want to sound more like a native speaker in Burundi.
Lots of language learners of Kirundi language do not too much about pronunciation. They think that as long as people can get what they are saying, that’s all that matters.
Ofcouse, there is some truth in this: you do not need a perfect accent in Kirundi language to communicate well with native speakers in Burundi.
But the more you sound like a native speaker, the easier it is for them to understand you. And the easier it is for people to understand you, the more they enjoy talking to you. This comes in handy, given that you need to talk to people to learn their language in Burundi.
What Are The Best Tips to Improve Your Speaking Skills in Kirundi Language?
Here are some ideas for how you can work on this aspect of your speaking Kirundi Language.
- Speak to yourself or a plant or a pet in Kirundi Language
- Use Kirundi language app
- Always speak in full sentences
- Practice thinking in Kirundi Language
- Learn words in chunks
- Learn filling words
- Take time to practice speaking
- Listen to the sound of words as they are really pronounced
- Work on where the language comes from in your mouth
- Do sentence building exercises
- Record yourself speaking in Kirundi Language
What Are The Common Phrases You Need to Know in Kirundi language?
When you want to start making conversation in Kirundi language, it is always a good idea to know a few basic phrases in Kirundi language.
Here are some useful phrases to help you engage in a conversation in Kirundi language.
- My name is ________. What’s yours?
- Please and Thank You
- I don’t speak your language well
- I’m sorry/excuse me
- Can you please repeat that?
- I need help
- Call the ambulance/police
- Where is the restroom/bathroom?
- How much does this cost?
- Numbers 1-100
- Do you speak English?
What Are The Important Phrases in Kirundi Language to Get Information?
When traveling to Burundi from British, it is not easy to plan for everything ahead of time. Sometimes you need to ask questions in Kirundi language to get information. Here are some common questions you are likely to use.
- Where is…?
- How do I get to…?
- Can you show me on a map?
- Could you write that down
- What is this?
- Do you have..?
- Do you have anything cheaper?
- Do you like…?
- What is the best…?
- What do you recommend?
- How do you say…?
- Where can I…?
- How far is…?