There are various type of Lao visa application form are available for you to apply. The type of Lao visa form you will need to use depends on the purpose, length of your trip and the frequency of trips you will be taking to Lao. If you require information such as Lao consulate contact details , visa info for Lao, and other travel information please use the dropdown menu, below.
Types of Lao Visa Forms for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom.
- Lao tourist visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is used to apply for a short period of leisure travel in Lao and no business activities permitted with the short term tourist visa for Lao.
- Lao visitor visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is required to be completed for a short period of travel to visit friends and family in Lao and no business activities are permitted.
- Lao business visa form for British citizens and permanent residents in the United Kingdom has to be completed for participating in short-term business activity in Lao.
- Lao transit visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom may be required to completed for transferring through a port in Lao to a third destination.
Please note: In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents. Lao visa rules and regulations can and do, very occasionally change overnight. We accept no responsibilty for any such changes. To learn more information click on Disclaimer Information.
Required Steps to Complete a Lao Visa Application in Paper for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom
In most cases, you will able to submit a paper application when the online application is not available. Please contact the Lao visa office accredited to your city or town. The below steps are generally required to apply for any type of Lao visa application forms in paper:
- Find the nearest Lao embassy or consulate accredited to the city or town you live in.
- Make an appointment with a Lao visa officer.
- Verify the required documents required for the type of Lao visa you are applying for.
- Complete the visa application form for the type of Lao visa you wanted to apply for.
- Pay the Lao visa application fee.
- Submit the visa application form with the required documents.
Please contact the Lao Embassy in London or the nearest Lao consulate accredited to the United Kingdom for more information.
Lao Entry Visa Types Available for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the UK
Single Entry visa for Lao: A single-entry visa allows its holder to enter Lao only once, within the given period of time, as mentioned in the visa sticker affixed to their passport. Once the visa holder exits the territory of Lao or visa region associated with Lao, he or she can no longer go back, even if they have not spend in Lao the number of days as permitted by the Lao embassy that issued them the visa.
Double Entry visa for Lao: In general, a double-entry visa applies the same way as the single-entry visa explained above. The sole difference between a single-entry and a double-entry visa is that the second gives you the chance to go once more back to Lao
Multiple Entry visa for Lao: This type of visa allows the holder of the visa to enter Lao mutiple times with visa validity period.
What Are The Steps to Apply for an Lao Visa for British Nationals?
To apply for an Lao visa in the United Kingdom, then follow the steps given below:
- Check if you need to apply for a Lao Visa.
- Know when is the right time to apply for your Lao visa!
- Figure out what type of Lao visa you will need.
- Find out where you should lodge your Lao visa application.
- Fill in the right Lao visa form.
- Collect the documents required for Lao visa.
- Make a visa appointment and attend the visa interview.
- Submit your biometrics.
- Pay the Lao visa fee.
Please Note: Please consult Lao consulate in British as visa regulations for Lao can and often change overnight. In individual cases, additional documents required for Lao visa. We accept no responsibility as we have no affiliation with the embassy of Lao in the United Kingdom or their visa section.
What are the common questions asked by a Lao visa officer?
Going for a visa interview at the Lao consulate in London? The visa officer at the Lao consulate will look over your application and ask you questions if they wish to clarify anything. It is best to answer these questions honestly.
Typical questions asked at the Lao visa interview include:
- What is your purpose of your trip to Lao?
- Do you know anyone living in Lao?
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in your current occupation?
- If you are a student, when will the studies finish?
- How will you support yourself whilst in Lao?
- Have you ever travelled to other countries?
- Who will pay for your trip to Lao?
- What are your plans when you return from your trip from Lao?
- What will you do if your Lao visa application is rejected?
What are the usual reasons for getting your Lao visa denied??
Common reasons why your Lao visa application got rejected include:
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip Lao and you must provide documents to show that you can.
- Proof of accommodation not provided – you must be able to show where you will be staying in Lao and you can easily do this by providing a hotel reservation in Lao.
- The visa officer thinks you will not return to your home country – you must make it clear that you intend to leave Lao and return to your home country before the expiry of your visa. You can do this by providing documents that show you have ties where you live, such as an employment letter or proof that you own your home etc.
- No proof of residence – you must be able to prove that you can live in the country of your residence legally, so you must provide proof of residence.