There are various type of Latvian visa application form are available for you to apply. The type of Latvian visa form you will need to use depends on the purpose, length of your trip and the frequency of trips you will be taking to Latvia. If you require information such as Latvian consulate contact details , visa info for Latvia, and other travel information please use the dropdown menu, below.
Types of Latvian Visa Forms for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom.
- Latvian tourist visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is used to apply for a short period of leisure travel in Latvia and no business activities permitted with the short term tourist visa for Latvia.
- Latvian visitor visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is required to be completed for a short period of travel to visit friends and family in Latvia and no business activities are permitted.
- Latvian business visa form for British citizens and permanent residents in the United Kingdom has to be completed for participating in short-term business activity in Latvia.
- Latvian transit visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom may be required to completed for transferring through a port in Latvia to a third destination.
Please note: In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents. Latvian visa rules and regulations can and do, very occasionally change overnight. We accept no responsibilty for any such changes. To learn more information click on Disclaimer Information.
Required Steps to Complete a Latvian Visa Application in Paper for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom
In most cases, you will able to submit a paper application when the online application is not available. Please contact the Latvian visa office accredited to your city or town. The below steps are generally required to apply for any type of Latvian visa application forms in paper:
- Find the nearest Latvian embassy or consulate accredited to the city or town you live in.
- Make an appointment with a Latvian visa officer.
- Verify the required documents required for the type of Latvian visa you are applying for.
- Complete the visa application form for the type of Latvian visa you wanted to apply for.
- Pay the Latvian visa application fee.
- Submit the visa application form with the required documents.
Please contact the Latvian Embassy in London or the nearest Latvian consulate accredited to the United Kingdom for more information.
Latvian Entry Visa Types Available for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the UK
Single Entry visa for Latvian: A single-entry visa allows its holder to enter Latvian only once, within the given period of time, as mentioned in the visa sticker affixed to their passport. Once the visa holder exits the territory of Latvian or visa region associated with Latvian, he or she can no longer go back, even if they have not spend in Latvian the number of days as permitted by the Latvian embassy that issued them the visa.
Double Entry visa for Latvian: In general, a double-entry visa applies the same way as the single-entry visa explained above. The sole difference between a single-entry and a double-entry visa is that the second gives you the chance to go once more back to Latvian
Multiple Entry visa for Latvian: This type of visa allows the holder of the visa to enter Latvian mutiple times with visa validity period.
What Are The Steps to Apply for an Latvian Visa for British Nationals?
To apply for an Latvian visa in the United Kingdom, then follow the steps given below:
- Check if you need to apply for a Latvian Visa.
- Know when is the right time to apply for your Latvia visa!
- Figure out what type of Latvian visa you will need.
- Find out where you should lodge your Latvian visa application.
- Fill in the right Latvian visa form.
- Collect the documents required for Latvian visa.
- Make a visa appointment and attend the visa interview.
- Submit your biometrics.
- Pay the Latvian visa fee.
Please Note: Please consult Latvian consulate in British as visa regulations for Latvia can and often change overnight. In individual cases, additional documents required for Latvian visa. We accept no responsibility as we have no affiliation with the embassy of Latvia in the United Kingdom or their visa section.
What are the common questions asked by a Latvian visa officer?
Going for a visa interview at the Latvian consulate in London? The visa officer at the Latvian consulate will look over your application and ask you questions if they wish to clarify anything. It is best to answer these questions honestly.
Typical questions asked at the Latvian visa interview include:
- What is your purpose of your trip to Latvia?
- Do you know anyone living in Latvia?
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in your current occupation?
- If you are a student, when will the studies finish?
- How will you support yourself whilst in Latvia?
- Have you ever travelled to other countries?
- Who will pay for your trip to Latvia?
- What are your plans when you return from your trip from Latvia?
- What will you do if your Latvian visa application is rejected?
What are the usual reasons for getting your Latvian visa denied??
Common reasons why your Latvian visa application got rejected include:
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip Latvia and you must provide documents to show that you can.
- Proof of accommodation not provided – you must be able to show where you will be staying in Latvia and you can easily do this by providing a hotel reservation in Latvia.
- The visa officer thinks you will not return to your home country – you must make it clear that you intend to leave Latvia and return to your home country before the expiry of your visa. You can do this by providing documents that show you have ties where you live, such as an employment letter or proof that you own your home etc.
- No proof of residence – you must be able to prove that you can live in the country of your residence legally, so you must provide proof of residence.