There are various type of Basotho visas are available for you to apply. The type of Basotho visa you will need to apply depends on the purpose, length of your trip and the frequency of trips you will be taking to Lesotho. If you require information such as Basotho consulate contact details , visa forms for Lesotho, and other travel information please use the dropdown menu, below.
Types of Basotho Visas for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom.
- Basotho tourist visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for a short period of leisure travel in Lesotho and no business activities permitted with the short term tourist visa for Lesotho.
- Basotho visitor visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for a short period of travel to visit friends and family in Lesotho and no business activities are permitted.
- Basotho business visa for British citizens and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for participating in short-term business activity in Lesotho.
- Basotho transit visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued and is generally valid for 3 days or less, for transferring through a port in Lesotho to a third destination.
General Documnets Required to Apply for a Basotho Visa for British Nationals and Permant Residents in the United Kingdom
The below items are generally required to apply for any type of Basotho visas in the United Kingdom:
- Fully completed Visa Application Form and essential declaration
- Passport size photographs
- Valid national passport
There are other types of Basotho visas such as student visas, temporary worker visas, parent visas, spousal visas or partner visas for British nationals which are available to apply. Please contact the Basotho Embassy in London or the nearest Basotho consulate accredited to the United Kingdom for more information.
Please note: In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents. Angolan Embassy rules and regulations can and do, very occasionally change overnight. We accept no responsibilty for any such changes. To learn more information click on Disclaimer Information.
Basotho Entry Visa Types Available for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the UK
Single Entry visa for Basotho: A single-entry visa allows its holder to enter Basotho only once, within the given period of time, as mentioned in the visa sticker affixed to their passport. Once the visa holder exits the territory of Basotho or visa region associated with Basotho, he or she can no longer go back, even if they have not spend in Basotho the number of days as permitted by the Basotho embassy that issued them the visa.
Double Entry visa for Basotho: In general, a double-entry visa applies the same way as the single-entry visa explained above. The sole difference between a single-entry and a double-entry visa is that the second gives you the chance to go once more back to Basotho
Multiple Entry visa for Basotho: This type of visa allows the holder of the visa to enter Basotho mutiple times with visa validity period.
What Are The Steps to Apply for an Basotho Visa for British Nationals?
To apply for an Basotho visa in the United Kingdom, then follow the steps given below:
- Check if you need to apply for a Basotho Visa.
- Know when is the right time to apply for your Lesotho visa!
- Figure out what type of Basotho visa you will need.
- Find out where you should lodge your Basotho visa application.
- Fill in the right Basotho visa form.
- Collect the documents required for Basotho visa.
- Make a visa appointment and attend the visa interview.
- Submit your biometrics.
- Pay the Basotho visa fee.
Please Note: Please consult Basotho consulate in the United Kingdom as visa regulations for Lesotho can and often change overnight. In individual cases, additional documents required for Basotho visa. We accept no responsibility as we have no affiliation with the embassy of Lesotho in the United Kingdom or their visa section.
What are the common questions asked by a Basotho visa officer?
Going for a visa interview at the Basotho consulate in London? The visa officer at the Basotho consulate will look over your application and ask you questions if they wish to clarify anything. It is best to answer these questions honestly.
Typical questions asked at the Basotho visa interview include:
- What is your purpose of your trip to Lesotho?
- Do you know anyone living in Lesotho?
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in your current occupation?
- If you are a student, when will the studies finish?
- How will you support yourself whilst in Lesotho?
- Have you ever travelled to other countries?
- Who will pay for your trip to Lesotho?
- What are your plans when you return from your trip from Lesotho?
- What will you do if your Basotho visa application is rejected?
What are the usual reasons for getting your Basotho visa denied?
Common reasons why your Basotho visa application got rejected include:
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip Lesotho and you must provide documents to show that you can.
- Proof of accommodation not provided – you must be able to show where you will be staying in Lesotho and you can easily do this by providing a hotel reservation in Lesotho.
- The visa officer thinks you will not return to your home country – you must make it clear that you intend to leave Lesotho and return to your home country before the expiry of your visa. You can do this by providing documents that show you have ties where you live, such as an employment letter or proof that you own your home etc.
- No proof of residence – you must be able to prove that you can live in the country of your residence legally, so you must provide proof of residence.