There are various type of Swiss visas are available for you to apply. The type of Swiss visa you will need to apply depends on the purpose, length of your trip and the frequency of trips you will be taking to Switzerland. If you require information such as Swiss consulate contact details , visa forms for Switzerland, and other travel information please use the dropdown menu, below.
Types of Swiss Visas for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom.
- Swiss tourist visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for a short period of leisure travel in Switzerland and no business activities permitted with the short term tourist visa for Switzerland.
- Swiss visitor visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for a short period of travel to visit friends and family in Switzerland and no business activities are permitted.
- Swiss business visa for British citizens and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for participating in short-term business activity in Switzerland.
- Swiss transit visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued and is generally valid for 3 days or less, for transferring through a port in Switzerland to a third destination.
General Documnets Required to Apply for a Swiss Visa for British Nationals and Permant Residents in the United Kingdom
The below items are generally required to apply for any type of Swiss visas in the United Kingdom:
- Fully completed Visa Application Form and essential declaration
- Passport size photographs
- Valid national passport
There are other types of Swiss visas such as student visas, temporary worker visas, parent visas, spousal visas or partner visas for British nationals which are available to apply. Please contact the Swiss Embassy in London or the nearest Swiss consulate accredited to the United Kingdom for more information.
Please note: In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents. Angolan Embassy rules and regulations can and do, very occasionally change overnight. We accept no responsibilty for any such changes. To learn more information click on Disclaimer Information.
Swiss Entry Visa Types Available for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the UK
Single Entry visa for Swiss: A single-entry visa allows its holder to enter Swiss only once, within the given period of time, as mentioned in the visa sticker affixed to their passport. Once the visa holder exits the territory of Swiss or visa region associated with Swiss, he or she can no longer go back, even if they have not spend in Swiss the number of days as permitted by the Swiss embassy that issued them the visa.
Double Entry visa for Swiss: In general, a double-entry visa applies the same way as the single-entry visa explained above. The sole difference between a single-entry and a double-entry visa is that the second gives you the chance to go once more back to Swiss
Multiple Entry visa for Swiss: This type of visa allows the holder of the visa to enter Swiss mutiple times with visa validity period.
What Are The Steps to Apply for an Swiss Visa for British Nationals?
To apply for an Swiss visa in the United Kingdom, then follow the steps given below:
- Check if you need to apply for a Swiss Visa.
- Know when is the right time to apply for your Switzerland visa!
- Figure out what type of Swiss visa you will need.
- Find out where you should lodge your Swiss visa application.
- Fill in the right Swiss visa form.
- Collect the documents required for Swiss visa.
- Make a visa appointment and attend the visa interview.
- Submit your biometrics.
- Pay the Swiss visa fee.
Please Note: Please consult Swiss consulate in the United Kingdom as visa regulations for Switzerland can and often change overnight. In individual cases, additional documents required for Swiss visa. We accept no responsibility as we have no affiliation with the embassy of Switzerland in the United Kingdom or their visa section.
What are the common questions asked by a Swiss visa officer?
Going for a visa interview at the Swiss consulate in London? The visa officer at the Swiss consulate will look over your application and ask you questions if they wish to clarify anything. It is best to answer these questions honestly.
Typical questions asked at the Swiss visa interview include:
- What is your purpose of your trip to Switzerland?
- Do you know anyone living in Switzerland?
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in your current occupation?
- If you are a student, when will the studies finish?
- How will you support yourself whilst in Switzerland?
- Have you ever travelled to other countries?
- Who will pay for your trip to Switzerland?
- What are your plans when you return from your trip from Switzerland?
- What will you do if your Swiss visa application is rejected?
What are the usual reasons for getting your Swiss visa denied?
Common reasons why your Swiss visa application got rejected include:
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip Switzerland and you must provide documents to show that you can.
- Proof of accommodation not provided – you must be able to show where you will be staying in Switzerland and you can easily do this by providing a hotel reservation in Switzerland.
- The visa officer thinks you will not return to your home country – you must make it clear that you intend to leave Switzerland and return to your home country before the expiry of your visa. You can do this by providing documents that show you have ties where you live, such as an employment letter or proof that you own your home etc.
- No proof of residence – you must be able to prove that you can live in the country of your residence legally, so you must provide proof of residence.