There are various type of Emirati visas are available for you to apply. The type of Emirati visa you will need to apply depends on the purpose, length of your trip and the frequency of trips you will be taking to United Arab Emirates. If you require information such as Emirati consulate contact details , visa forms for United Arab Emirates, and other travel information please use the dropdown menu, below.
Types of Emirati Visas for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom.
- Emirati tourist visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for a short period of leisure travel in United Arab Emirates and no business activities permitted with the short term tourist visa for United Arab Emirates.
- Emirati visitor visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for a short period of travel to visit friends and family in United Arab Emirates and no business activities are permitted.
- Emirati business visa for British citizens and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued for participating in short-term business activity in United Arab Emirates.
- Emirati transit visa for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is issued and is generally valid for 3 days or less, for transferring through a port in United Arab Emirates to a third destination.
General Documnets Required to Apply for an Emirati Visa for British Nationals and Permant Residents in the United Kingdom
The below items are generally required to apply for any type of Emirati visas in the United Kingdom:
- Fully completed Visa Application Form and essential declaration
- Passport size photographs
- Valid national passport
There are other types of Emirati visas such as student visas, temporary worker visas, parent visas, spousal visas or partner visas for British nationals which are available to apply. Please contact the Emirati Embassy in London or the nearest Emirati consulate accredited to the United Kingdom for more information.
Please note: In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents. Angolan Embassy rules and regulations can and do, very occasionally change overnight. We accept no responsibilty for any such changes. To learn more information click on Disclaimer Information.
Emirati Entry Visa Types Available for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the UK
Single Entry visa for Emirati: A single-entry visa allows its holder to enter Emirati only once, within the given period of time, as mentioned in the visa sticker affixed to their passport. Once the visa holder exits the territory of Emirati or visa region associated with Emirati, he or she can no longer go back, even if they have not spend in Emirati the number of days as permitted by the Emirati embassy that issued them the visa.
Double Entry visa for Emirati: In general, a double-entry visa applies the same way as the single-entry visa explained above. The sole difference between a single-entry and a double-entry visa is that the second gives you the chance to go once more back to Emirati
Multiple Entry visa for Emirati: This type of visa allows the holder of the visa to enter Emirati mutiple times with visa validity period.
What Are The Steps to Apply for an Emirati Visa for British Nationals?
To apply for an Emirati visa in the United Kingdom, then follow the steps given below:
- Check if you need to apply for an Emirati Visa.
- Know when is the right time to apply for your United Arab Emirates visa!
- Figure out what type of Emirati visa you will need.
- Find out where you should lodge your Emirati visa application.
- Fill in the right Emirati visa form.
- Collect the documents required for Emirati visa.
- Make a visa appointment and attend the visa interview.
- Submit your biometrics.
- Pay the Emirati visa fee.
Please Note: Please consult Emirati consulate in the United Kingdom as visa regulations for United Arab Emirates can and often change overnight. In individual cases, additional documents required for Emirati visa. We accept no responsibility as we have no affiliation with the embassy of United Arab Emirates in the United Kingdom or their visa section.
What are the common questions asked by an Emirati visa officer?
Going for a visa interview at the Emirati consulate in London? The visa officer at the Emirati consulate will look over your application and ask you questions if they wish to clarify anything. It is best to answer these questions honestly.
Typical questions asked at the Emirati visa interview include:
- What is your purpose of your trip to United Arab Emirates?
- Do you know anyone living in United Arab Emirates?
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in your current occupation?
- If you are a student, when will the studies finish?
- How will you support yourself whilst in United Arab Emirates?
- Have you ever travelled to other countries?
- Who will pay for your trip to United Arab Emirates?
- What are your plans when you return from your trip from United Arab Emirates?
- What will you do if your Emirati visa application is rejected?
What are the usual reasons for getting your Emirati visa denied?
Common reasons why your Emirati visa application got rejected include:
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip United Arab Emirates and you must provide documents to show that you can.
- Proof of accommodation not provided – you must be able to show where you will be staying in United Arab Emirates and you can easily do this by providing a hotel reservation in United Arab Emirates.
- The visa officer thinks you will not return to your home country – you must make it clear that you intend to leave United Arab Emirates and return to your home country before the expiry of your visa. You can do this by providing documents that show you have ties where you live, such as an employment letter or proof that you own your home etc.
- No proof of residence – you must be able to prove that you can live in the country of your residence legally, so you must provide proof of residence.