There are various type of Indian visa application form are available for you to apply. The type of Indian visa form you will need to use depends on the purpose, length of your trip and the frequency of trips you will be taking to India. If you require information such as Indian consulate contact details , visa info for India, and other travel information please use the dropdown menu, below.
Types of Indian Visa Forms for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom.
- Indian tourist visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is used to apply for a short period of leisure travel in India and no business activities permitted with the short term tourist visa for India.
- Indian visitor visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom is required to be completed for a short period of travel to visit friends and family in India and no business activities are permitted.
- Indian business visa form for British citizens and permanent residents in the United Kingdom has to be completed for participating in short-term business activity in India.
- Indian transit visa form for British nationals and permanent residents in the United Kingdom may be required to completed for transferring through a port in India to a third destination.
Please note: In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents. Indian visa rules and regulations can and do, very occasionally change overnight. We accept no responsibilty for any such changes. To learn more information click on Disclaimer Information.
Required Steps to Complete an Indian Visa Application in Paper for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the United Kingdom
In most cases, you will able to submit a paper application when the online application is not available. Please contact the Indian visa office accredited to your city or town. The below steps are generally required to apply for any type of Indian visa application forms in paper:
- Find the nearest Indian embassy or consulate accredited to the city or town you live in.
- Make an appointment with a Indian visa officer.
- Verify the required documents required for the type of Indian visa you are applying for.
- Complete the visa application form for the type of Indian visa you wanted to apply for.
- Pay the Indian visa application fee.
- Submit the visa application form with the required documents.
Please contact the Indian Embassy in London or the nearest Indian consulate accredited to the United Kingdom for more information.
Indian Entry Visa Types Available for British Nationals and Permanent Residents in the UK
Single Entry visa for Indian: A single-entry visa allows its holder to enter Indian only once, within the given period of time, as mentioned in the visa sticker affixed to their passport. Once the visa holder exits the territory of Indian or visa region associated with Indian, he or she can no longer go back, even if they have not spend in Indian the number of days as permitted by the Indian embassy that issued them the visa.
Double Entry visa for Indian: In general, a double-entry visa applies the same way as the single-entry visa explained above. The sole difference between a single-entry and a double-entry visa is that the second gives you the chance to go once more back to Indian
Multiple Entry visa for Indian: This type of visa allows the holder of the visa to enter Indian mutiple times with visa validity period.
What Are The Steps to Apply for an Indian Visa for British Nationals?
To apply for an Indian visa in the United Kingdom, then follow the steps given below:
- Check if you need to apply for an Indian Visa.
- Know when is the right time to apply for your India visa!
- Figure out what type of Indian visa you will need.
- Find out where you should lodge your Indian visa application.
- Fill in the right Indian visa form.
- Collect the documents required for Indian visa.
- Make a visa appointment and attend the visa interview.
- Submit your biometrics.
- Pay the Indian visa fee.
Please Note: Please consult Indian consulate in British as visa regulations for India can and often change overnight. In individual cases, additional documents required for Indian visa. We accept no responsibility as we have no affiliation with the embassy of India in the United Kingdom or their visa section.
What are the common questions asked by an Indian visa officer?
Going for a visa interview at the Indian consulate in London? The visa officer at the Indian consulate will look over your application and ask you questions if they wish to clarify anything. It is best to answer these questions honestly.
Typical questions asked at the Indian visa interview include:
- What is your purpose of your trip to India?
- Do you know anyone living in India?
- What is your current occupation? How long have you been in your current occupation?
- If you are a student, when will the studies finish?
- How will you support yourself whilst in India?
- Have you ever travelled to other countries?
- Who will pay for your trip to India?
- What are your plans when you return from your trip from India?
- What will you do if your Indian visa application is rejected?
What are the usual reasons for getting your Indian visa denied??
Common reasons why your Indian visa application got rejected include:
- Lack of funds – you must be able to afford your trip India and you must provide documents to show that you can.
- Proof of accommodation not provided – you must be able to show where you will be staying in India and you can easily do this by providing a hotel reservation in India.
- The visa officer thinks you will not return to your home country – you must make it clear that you intend to leave India and return to your home country before the expiry of your visa. You can do this by providing documents that show you have ties where you live, such as an employment letter or proof that you own your home etc.
- No proof of residence – you must be able to prove that you can live in the country of your residence legally, so you must provide proof of residence.