Main Languages Spoken in India - Hindi Language Phrase Guide for British Nationals
Visiting India from British and want to know how to order your food in Hindi? Talk to the locals in India with our Hindi language phrases guide.
Main Languages Spoken in India: English enjoys associate status but is the most important language for national, political, and commercial communication; Hindi is the national language and primary tongue of 30% of the people; there are 14 other official languages: Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Oriya, Punjabi, Assamese, Kashmiri, Sindhi, and Sanskrit; Hindustani is a popular variant of Hindi/Urdu spoken widely throughout northern India but is not an official language..
The Hindi language phrases guide shows you how to say the every day phrases to ordering food at restaurants in India. Order your Hindi language phrase guide from here.
Hindi Language Lessons Online for Beginners – There are several free Hindi language lesson for beginners, with basic Hindi phrases and video clips to help you pronounce Hindi words easily.
Hindi Language Lessons Online for Business – Are you looking for Hindi language courses for you or your company’s staff? Several Hindi language schools in your area offer private Hindi tuition classes or small Hindi classes.
Hindi Language Apps - With Hindi language App you can leave your bulky Hindi language dictionary and Hindi exercise textbooks at home and load up on these mobile Hindi apps that will have you speaking the Hindi language in no time.
Tips on How to Learn Hindi Language Fast
Learning Hindi language does not need to be a slow or tedious process. You can speed up the process the Hindi language, despite the fact it requires hard work and effort.
Follow the tips below on how to learn Hindi language phrases fast, and you will be on your way to mastering Hindi language quicker than you ever imagined.
- Set short term language learning goals with focus on specific, tangible outcomes in Hindi language.
- Learn the right words - Strategize and prioritize your learning by focusing on top 300 words in Hindi language.
- Use flashcards to learn Hindi language faster.
- Start using Hindi language all day, every day, and use your normal everyday activities as part of your language learning process.
- Watch movies Hindi language and use subtitles
- Seek out real-life practice - Get talking right away in Hindi language, from the very early stages of your language learning journey!
How Can You Sound More Like Native Hindi Speaker?
The first question we need to address is why you want to sound more like a native speaker in India.
Lots of language learners of Hindi language do not too much about pronunciation. They think that as long as people can get what they are saying, that’s all that matters.
Ofcouse, there is some truth in this: you do not need a perfect accent in Hindi language to communicate well with native speakers in India.
But the more you sound like a native speaker, the easier it is for them to understand you. And the easier it is for people to understand you, the more they enjoy talking to you. This comes in handy, given that you need to talk to people to learn their language in India.
What Are The Best Tips to Improve Your Speaking Skills in Hindi Language?
Here are some ideas for how you can work on this aspect of your speaking Hindi Language.
- Speak to yourself or a plant or a pet in Hindi Language
- Use Hindi language app
- Always speak in full sentences
- Practice thinking in Hindi Language
- Learn words in chunks
- Learn filling words
- Take time to practice speaking
- Listen to the sound of words as they are really pronounced
- Work on where the language comes from in your mouth
- Do sentence building exercises
- Record yourself speaking in Hindi Language
What Are The Common Phrases You Need to Know in Hindi language?
When you want to start making conversation in Hindi language, it is always a good idea to know a few basic phrases in Hindi language.
Here are some useful phrases to help you engage in a conversation in Hindi language.
- My name is ________. What’s yours?
- Please and Thank You
- I don’t speak your language well
- I’m sorry/excuse me
- Can you please repeat that?
- I need help
- Call the ambulance/police
- Where is the restroom/bathroom?
- How much does this cost?
- Numbers 1-100
- Do you speak English?
What Are The Important Phrases in Hindi Language to Get Information?
When traveling to India from British, it is not easy to plan for everything ahead of time. Sometimes you need to ask questions in Hindi language to get information. Here are some common questions you are likely to use.
- Where is…?
- How do I get to…?
- Can you show me on a map?
- Could you write that down
- What is this?
- Do you have..?
- Do you have anything cheaper?
- Do you like…?
- What is the best…?
- What do you recommend?
- How do you say…?
- Where can I…?
- How far is…?